What this is all about...

This blog describes my journey with the tarot. Here you can find articles, spreads, deck reviews, tarot fiction, practice readings, exercises or get readings (see tabs above).

TIP: You can navigate the categories on the right to find Spreads, "Dear Satu" readings for fictional characters, Deck Reviews, Exercises and more.

Montag, 3. Juni 2013

About boundaries...



In one of the tarot-related Facebook groups I'm in the topic of boundaries was discussed and it was suggested that we all make a list of our own boundaries and share. First from our own perspective, then using the tarot. So here's mine...


From my perspective

Boundaries for myself

I will not do readings when I have a headache or feel unwell. 

I believe that the future is constantly in motion depending on the decisions we - and other people - take, so I don't think I can foresee future events in that sense and I will always make that clear to my querents. I tell them what is likely to happen if they continue on their current path.

I always end my readings on a positive note. If the cards are scary or show that there's a lot of problems to be expected, I end with some kind of advice for the querent to take home as to what they can do to cope with the difficult situation.

Boundaries for others

I won't read on the same question over and over again.

I don't do readings on health, legal or financial issues. 

Don't expect me to take decisions for you. I can offer you perspectives, you have to take the decisions yourself. 

Using the tarot

Boundaries for myself

Ace of Pentacles: I will stay pragmatic, realistic and give the querent something "tangible" to take home. 

Five of Swords: I will avoid being judgmental or cynical and won't hurt anyone, not the querent and not anybody they may be asking about. 

Six of Cups: I will try to shut out my own past experiences and explain everything plain and simple so that the "uninitiated" can easily follow.

Boundaries for others

Death reversed: Don't expect me to tell you anything concerning the time, manner or circumstances of anybody's death.

Nine of Wands: You need to be open to take new perspectives even though past experiences might tell you otherwise.

The Sun reversed: There needs to be mutual trust for a reading to be successful. Be honest with me and expect me to be honest with you.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen