What this is all about...

This blog describes my journey with the tarot. Here you can find articles, spreads, deck reviews, tarot fiction, practice readings, exercises or get readings (see tabs above).

TIP: You can navigate the categories on the right to find Spreads, "Dear Satu" readings for fictional characters, Deck Reviews, Exercises and more.

Freitag, 4. Januar 2013

Variations on the "Daily Draw" - Tarot Journaling

I have to admit I have very little discipline when it comes to tarot journaling. I always start with enthusiasm and then life happens and the entries become scarce. It's a bit like blogging actually. ;-) However, I must say that this time I'm doing pretty well for my standards. 

One thing I recorded in the various tarot journals I started was daily draws. It's wonderful if you have the discipline to draw a single card in the morning, jot down some ideas about what it could mean for your day and then in the evening add some short notes about what actually happened that day and how you think the card became manifest for you (if at all). I think there is a lot you can learn from this but I hardly ever managed to do that for longer than a couple of days in a row. Maybe I should try again some time. 

Perhaps it's a good idea to use variations of daily draws in order to boost your morale. Here's some ideas to spice up your daily draw. Perhaps if I tried that next time I might last a bit longer. :-D

Daily Draw Variant "Today you should avoid..."

Draw a card and write down some ideas as to what this card could tell you to avoid this day. 

Example: Ace of Cups




Image: Ace of Cups, Margarete Petersen Tarot

Today you should avoid being overly emotional and dreamy. It's not the day for high hopes, romantic adventures and miraculous wish-fulfilment. 

Daily Draw Variant "What will surprise me today?"

Example: Eight of Pentacles

You might find yourself in a situation where you feel like an absolute beginner and have to learn an important lesson. 

Daily Draw Variant "This is the ideal day to..."

What item on your to-do-list should you tackle today? What does this day seem made for?

Example: Death

This is the ideal day to...finally get rid of all that junk in the attic and throw out what is no longer needed. 



Image: Death, Margarete Petersen Tarot
Daily Draw Variant "What advice would ... have for me today?" (mother, grandma, dad...whoever you think is wise enough to give good advice)

Example: Six of Pentacles

My mother would say to me, "Always remember that how you behave towards leaves an impression and provokes a reaction. What goes around comes around". 
In German she would say, "Wie man in den Wald hereinruft, so schallt es wieder heraus". 
= Whatever you shout into the forest comes back to you as an echo. 

These are just a few ideas. I'm sure you can come up with more. 

PS: Just found this idea for journaling prompts on Lisa's blog and thought I'd share. Find journaling prompts part 2 here.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen