What this is all about...

This blog describes my journey with the tarot. Here you can find articles, spreads, deck reviews, tarot fiction, practice readings, exercises or get readings (see tabs above).

TIP: You can navigate the categories on the right to find Spreads, "Dear Satu" readings for fictional characters, Deck Reviews, Exercises and more.

Samstag, 19. Januar 2013

New Deck Interview: The Golden Tarot

My first impression of the deck is that it is simply a RWCS clone with no real surprises. The images are the same as in the RWCS deck, the colours are sometimes a bit darker, a bit brighter on occasion with lots of pink and gold. Not really my taste, I have to say. But we'll see what the deck has to tell me.




Here's my questions for the deck

1) What adjective do you think describes you best?
2) What will you help me with?
3) What would you rather not be bothered with?
4) What lesson can you teach me?
5) Your message for me?
6) What would you like to ask me?

1) Nine of Pentacles
2) Judgement
3) Six of Wands
4) The Chariot
5) Ace of Swords
6) Four of Cups

? What adjective do you think describes you best?

! This is the card of wealth, so I would say "golden". ;-)

? What will you help me with?

! Starting over, doing something completely new.

? What would you rather not be bothered with?

! Your arrogance in this interview. 

? What lesson can you teach me?

! To have clear goals and set out into that direction immediately.

? Your message for me?

! Cut it out!

? What would you like to ask me?

! Why are you so sulky and not willing to accept what I have to offer?

Okay...I think this says it all. Me and the deck, we don't do well at all. I just don't like the images. It looks as if it has been painted over the original Rider Waite images. It doesn't really speak to me. 

I suppose the interview showed it's time for me to choose a new deck and part with this one. Not a keeper for me. I'll have a thorough look at the other cards again and then I'll post the review in the near future. 

As new decks the random generator suggests: 
The Bohemian Gothic Tarot, Haindl Tarot, Sharman-Caselli Tarot - I will choose the Haindl as that is a deck I'm very curious about. 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen