What this is all about...

This blog describes my journey with the tarot. Here you can find articles, spreads, deck reviews, tarot fiction, practice readings, exercises or get readings (see tabs above).

TIP: You can navigate the categories on the right to find Spreads, "Dear Satu" readings for fictional characters, Deck Reviews, Exercises and more.

Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2012

Tarot Advent Calendar: 9th December 2012 - December Magic

I would like to introduce a spread today, which I thought was quite nice for this time of the year. It's by winterchild and was proposed in one of the reading circles over at Aeclectic Tarot forum. It's called the "December Magic" spread and goes as follows...

December is a special month for most of us, whether we celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule or The Winter or Summer Solstice or any other holiday. It is also the last month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar. Because we are a huge tribe of many cultures and locations I wanted a spread to cover December for everyone. I couldn't find anything suitable so I created my brand new, shiny gift wrapped December Magic Spread.

December Magic Spread by Winterchild 

***4***
*2***3*
***1***

1.What is the most important meaning that December holds for you this year

2.What will be your greatest gift to others this December

3.What is the greatest gift you will receive this December

4.What magic will the fairy on your tree bless you with this December

Shuffle your deck and take the bottom card and place it in position 1. This is the base card, the root of the tree. Deal the next first three cards using your usual method and place as shown.

Enjoy!

I used the Thoth deck by Aleister Crowley. Here goes:

1. What is the most important meaning that December holds for you this year?
Nine of Cups 


It's a time where I can enjoy life, where I feel happy and grateful for all that I have. And I think that is very appropriate. Life is full and I'm very grateful for everything, especially my friends, my family, my neighbours and all those great and wonderful people in my life.

2. What will be your greatest gift to others this December?
Princess of Wands


My greatest gift to others this December is passion, fire, the ability to feel joy and enjoy things, a strong will and great enthusiasm. Hm....I'm not sure that's me this December, I feel a little subdued...not unhappy but only running on 50% power. Well, let's hope my passion and joy is still contagious. 


3. What is the greatest gift you will receive this December?
Seven of Cups

I will be well able to see through things and people and recognize them for what they really are. I'm not prone to be "seduced" by appearances this month. 


4. What magic will the fairy on your tree bless you with this December?
Prince of Disks

A great ability to enjoy life, give practical advice and help, reliability and the ability to enjoy the fruits of my labour (quite literally when I come to think of spring next year when the baby is due). It's a very earthy, homely card, a bit of stubbornness mixed in with comfort and making yourself feel at home. Not too bad as a blessing. :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen