What this is all about...

This blog describes my journey with the tarot. Here you can find articles, spreads, deck reviews, tarot fiction, practice readings, exercises or get readings (see tabs above).

TIP: You can navigate the categories on the right to find Spreads, "Dear Satu" readings for fictional characters, Deck Reviews, Exercises and more.

Freitag, 14. Dezember 2012

Tarot Advent Calendar: 14th December 2012 - Inside Ollivanders

“Curious indeed how these things happen. The wand chooses the wizard, remember...I think we must expect great things from you, Mr. Potter... After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things — terrible, yes, but great.”
J.K.Rowling: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Today I have a Harry Potter inspired tarot exercise for you. If you are not familiar with the books, I should explain that Ollivanders is the shop at which most young wizards and witches buy their first magic wand. No magic wand is the same, they are all a different length, a different material and have a different core (a magical substance like unicorn hair for example) and according to Mr Ollivander it's the wand that chooses the wizard, not the other way around. 

So, let's enter Ollivanders and see what happens. As most of us are mere Muggles (non-magic people), "magic" here stands for your special touch, your inspiration, your creativity...



1 Shuffle the deck and put it face down on the table.
2 Turn over one card at a time until you turn over a wand card.
3 The wand card itself tells you a little bit about what your strong suit in "magic" is.
4 The following three cards you turn over tell you (in that order):
   - the "core": what is the source of your "magic"
   - the "material": what element is strongest in your "magic"
   - your best spell

Example: First wands card turned over: "Four of Wands"

My strong suit is making people feel at home and feel welcome and accepted.

The core: Ten of Cups - the source of my magic is emotional fulfillment, my family and my ability to commit to others and my sociability

The material: Two of Wands - to my surprise the strongest element in my magic is "Fire". I've been told that before but always believed to be a water person. So what fuels me most is a strong will and passion and enthusiasm

My best spell: Four of Pentacles - in Harry Potter terms I would see that as petrification of stunning someone or deflecting curses, in Muggle terms I'm best at holding things together, creating a stable environment, a home, a fortress, protecting myself and others. The Pentacles suit would also suggest a successful hand at finances but I don't really feel that is one of my strong suits. 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen